Neko Sanctuary

About cats, and persons who love cats.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Neko-Sanctuary Chronicle 9:Jiro, made the Sanctuary


Death of every cat or animal, even something equally tragic.
I do not remember only the death of Jiro and Kanpapa.
However, each time I go to the Neko-sanctuary and feed cats, I pass the street where Kanpapa committed suicide, and by a thicket of shrubs where Jiro spent his last  two days after the death. While not always I remember their death each time, but I recall once, I have a solemn feeling in the case of Jiro, and my chest aches badly in the case of Kanpapa.

Other than to these two cats, in a fine and mature male cats, and that they died about the same time, there weren’t so much in common.
Jiro was one of a leader in the large Neko-sanctuary, and Kanpapa was a temporary visitor who had come for the lunch occasionally.
Kanpapa, like a visitor  who came every once in a while, ate food so as not to attract attention, and two cats didn’t fight it.

First, I would like to write about Jiro.

Jiro was one of the leaders of the large Neko-sanctuary, already castrated, big male tabby cat.
There was white fur on the part of the chest.
He  had a cold all the time in his later years.
He was a close friend of Anna and Utamaro.

Shiro and Umetaro made ​​me touch their body, but Jiro didn’t.
But he came to me by himself.
After the feeding time, he sat on my lap with Black-Grandpa, and relaxed.
After Black-Grandpa gone, he sat on my lap for a while in the cold days of winter.
Sometimes I left my red nylon jacket on the bench for him.
He seemed to have been sitting there for a while.

This red nylon jacket, was his favorite thing, in the year of persecution when cat houses were moved or destroyed, I put it spread secretly in the bush. It was this jacket I wrapped corpse of Jiro.

It was in December 2006 the first year of persecution when Jiro was dead.
He had gotten weak, his fur got them from the beginning of this year.
I heard from M san that he climbed  the low brick wall that surrounds the bicycle parking lot to get to feeding spot at the his last day.

He spent his last night in the cat house we installed in the secret place, and died.
M san and I got out his body of the house, wrapped and placed in a thicket of shrubs of the Cat-sanctuary.

I think Jiro exhausted all of the functions of the internal organs, lived well until it stopped.

On that weekend, going to feed the cats, I passed by the side of where Jiro was sleeping, I saw the red jacket, and I thought that Jiro was still there.
The place became a sacred for me.
The Neko-sanctuary has become a really Sanctuary by Jiro.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home