Neko Sanctuary

About cats, and persons who love cats.

Saturday, September 06, 2014

The Neko-Sanctuary Chronicle 2 2:Calamity of Daikoku-Maru


August seemed the mating season for a cat.
Since Shiro and Kai have not been castrated, they injured in flank, and have been a big wound.
In particular, Shiro’s fur dyed pink in blood here and there because he is a white cat, and the wound seems painful.
Kai’s Injury also is not small, but probably because they are young, Shiro and Kai come out to eat food with a face that does not do anything.

As Daikoku-Maru does not show up from last Friday, M-san, who was worried about, looked for him Saturday, and found him crouched under the bike in the bicycle parking lot.
I met him with M-san, and found something like a big hump in the flank, he didn’t  want to move too much. He had no appetite.

M-san wondered that he had a cancer,. And I, I thought also that he must be a serious illness.
He is about 13 years old, and very elderly as a cat to spend outside.
Even if we could take him to the vet, letting him undergo radical therapy would be not good, M-san and I thought, and decided to wait and see.

When I left him, I felt like not to meet  Daikoku-Maru again.

Until  last night I received an email from M-san, it was a difficult week for me because I thought of Daikoku-Maru almost.

According to her mail, Monday, M-san noticed that the hump in the flank of Daikoku-Maru was torn. Rather than the illness, he might have been injured by being caught up in the fight of estrus.
Because he had not physical strength, wound, injury was purulent, having heat, M-san was able to catch him and show to the vet.

Perhaps because of the injections the vet gave him, Daikoku-Maru  I saw today looked better. He had also appetite, so ate a lot of food. It was really good.

In every sense, M-san is a lifesaver Daikoku-Maru.

The photo below is Daikoku-Maru of this year



2014 September 6 updated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home